Show Me Healthy Women
The Lawrence County Health Department participates in the Show Me Healthy Women program, which provides free breast and cervical cancer screenings to qualified women living in Lawrence County.
- Women between the ages of 35 to 64
- Lawrence County resident
- Meet income guidelines
- Have no insurance including Medicare or or Medicaid
Women age 50 to 64 or older
- Pap tests and pelvic exams.
- Clinical breast exams.
- Mammograms and diagnostic services.
Women age 35 to 49:
- Pap tests, pelvic exams and clinic breast exams.
- Diagnostic services for breast or cervical screenings that are suspicious for cancer.
The objective of the SMHW program is to offer screening services to women who are considered high risk. High risk women include, but are not limited to, women with low income, women over 50, women with no or little insurance, women who have rarely or never been screened, rural women, women of color, and women with disabilities.